Monday, August 7, 2007
Costs: $15.00 per person (including lunch)
Registration: Participants register for the colloquium
when they register for PICMET.
Through guest lectures and a workshop, the colloquium gives PhD
students an excellent opportunity to meet colleagues, network and learn about the following topics:
- The PhD process and career paths in different countries
- Critical stages in the PhD process and how to successfully master them
- Coping with possible personal problems while pursuing a PhD, such as the fear that you will never finish it or the lack of time for family and friends
- Entering the academic job market as future junior faculty
- Landing your first industry job
Guest lectures will provide a starting point for workshop discussions. Workshops will tackle topics the participants are most interested in. They provide a unique
opportunity to share experiences and ideas with students from different countries and university systems.
We encourage students in all stages of the Ph.D. process, as well as recent graduates, to join us.
Please direct questions
related to the colloquium to:
Antonie Jetter, Ph.D.
Department of Engineering and Technology Management
Maseeh College of Engineering and Computer Science
Portland State University
Post Office Box 751
Portland, Oregon 97207-0751, USA