Portland International Conference on Management of Engineering
Portland, OR 97207-0751
USA Tel: +1 503-725-3525
Fax: +1 503-725-4667
If you have problem with PICMET On-Line please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
||Prof. Jasper L Steyn
||University of Pretoria
|STEYN, Jasper Lodewyk,
Pr. Eng, D. Eng., FSAAE, Hon FSAIMechE, MAcad.
BSc Eng (Mechanical)(cum laude) UP (University of Pretoria), BSc Eng Hons (Mechanical) (cum laude) UP, M Eng (Mechanical)(cum laude) UP, D Eng. UP.
Professor Department of Engineering and Technology Management, University of Pretoria. Director: Automotive Focus Group.
• Lecturer at the University of Pretoria 1972-1973.
• Worked for the Uranium Enrichment Corporation from 1973 to 1982 as engineer and as Divisional Head.
• Joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Pretoria in 1982 as Professor and was appointed Head of the Department in 1990 and Chairman of the School of Engineering in 2000. Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan Visiting Fellows program in 2001. Currently Professor in the Department of Engineering and Technology Management. Seconded part-time to the Automotive Industry Development Centre (Ltd) as Manager: Government Programmes since 2002 to conduct support for Department of Trade and Industry's incentive programmes for automotive manufacturing.
• Consultant for Barlow Lab, LGI, Business Enterprises at UP and Director of the Laboratory for Advanced Engineering at the University of Pretoria.
• Served on the Professional Advisory Committee of the Engineering Council of South Africa 1995 - 2000.
• Member of the South African Academy for Science and Art since 1977.
• Member of the South African Institution of Mechanical Engineering, Chairman of the Northern Branch 1986 – 1988, President 1990-1991 and elected an Honorary Fellow in 1997. Fellow of the South African Academy of Engineering.